Addictions are complex and damaging with many ripples affecting not just the addict, but spreading like an infection to harm, change, or damage close loved ones and even innocent bystanders.
Whether you are an individual struggling with an addiction, you’re headed down that path, or you are the loved one of someone who is, know that people are praying for you and hope, real hope is within your reach to grab onto.
The foundation of hope will come from the peace and love of God. But we can also add significant blocks in our hope shelter by bringing some light in so we can see and understand addictions more clearly.
Addictions never just occur, come out of the blue, or from a genetic defect. Addictions are caused by struggles in all 3 spheres, Spirit, Mind, and Body. So in order to understand why someone gets addicted, all the symptoms and struggle they experience, and how to treat or heal them, we must dig in and understand not only how God designed us with these 3 spheres, but also how the 3 are braided together like a tight and strong rope for our incredible mind to work well.
I’ve been a Christian psychiatrist since 1989, have successfully treated many addicts, and put together Christian programs to powerfully transform people’s lives. I’m also a former alcoholic who is now blessed to live an amazing life of freedom, joy, and peace. I’ve found knowing the science of how God designed us makes it easier to apply those awesome, but sometimes complex, Biblical truths to slow down our thinking so we can both understand and get the most of our mind and life.
- First-Time Substance Abuse Occurs in Summer
- Freedom from Addiction is Within Reach
- Holiday Stress Leads to Increased Substance Abuse and other Behavioral Health Struggles
- Sobriety is the Greatest Gift at the Holidays
- Total Recovery Not a Myth When the Spiritual Sphere is Addressed With Jesus and the Bible
Below, I’ve combined what I’ve learned professionally and personally to develop resources blending cutting edge psychological science with Biblical truths in understandable terms for you to get practical wisdom and impact. Our team at Lighthouse Network and prayer partners hope you and those you love or care for are blessed by these resources.
- How to Parent an Addicted Child
- Adolescent Drug Rehab Guide
- Alcohol Rehab Guide
- Court Ordered Rehab
- Medicare Facts about Addiction and Mental Health Treatment
- Christian Drug Rehab in Florida
- Five Levels of Substance Use and Abuse
- Quiz: Are you a User or an Addict?
- Quiz: Alcohol and Drug Addiction Self Assessment
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Heroin Abuse?
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Cocaine Abuse?
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Ecstasy Abuse?
- Behavioral Warning Signs of Alcohol or Substance Abuse
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Marijuana Abuse?
- An overview of Drug Abuse Treatment Options and Methods
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Methamphetamine Abuse?
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Prescription Drug Abuse?
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Alcohol Abuse and Addiction?
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Smoking and Nicotine Addiction?