Stillness of the soul is so very hard to achieve today in this world addicted to constant communication, speed and noise. I can imagine God searching this earth constantly looking for those who are attempting to seek Him. Communication is a 2-way process. God wants to talk to you and does all the time. Are you receptive to it? We need to develop spiritual radar that is tuned to His station. Satan jams our radar with constant clutter, so you have to be intentional and strategic.
1. Create that quiet space where you can meet Him.
2. See “Spiritual Basics Link” below and click Armor of God.
3. Read His Word(He speaks incredibly through His Word).
4. Observe His incredible creation.
5. Analyze your situations.(yes journal a bit, you’ll be amazed)
6. Listen to some of your trusted, clear-headed friends who have eyes that see and ears that hear.(to often we are listening to those that have eyes that don’t see and ears that don’t hear.
7. While you do #2-6, be still and see what God is saying to or teaching you.
He knows how difficult it is to create that space and listen….but even your efforts gives your God great pleasure. Seek His presence and let this mutual search result in joyful fulfillment.
God my Father, I do seek you. My capacity for receiving you is growing each day – thank You Lord. Fill me today with Your love, joy and peace. Though I am an earthly being; I know you designed me to be filled with Your heavenly gifts. I know that my weaknesses, and I have so many, will not keep me from being filled with You. As I go through this day, I trust with all my heart that you will give me, and all those reading this devotional, the strength we need, moment by moment. I am learning more each day of just how approachable you are…and that is making it easy for me to loosen my grip on all those earthly things…and tightening my grip on you.
I pray in the name of Jesus – Amen
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
2 Chronicles 16:9
Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David.
For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’
But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.