Today marks the one year anniversary of the Stepping Stones Daily Devotional. Over this past year 600,000 devotionals have gone out to the readers. We thank those of you who have helped us grow. We started with 600/day and are now at 2700+/day…around the world! Thank you for spreading it to those you love and want to help and praise God for your wonderful stories we have been privileged to be a part of.
We are very excited about how devotional time impacts our lives and have received much encouragement to continue to share our teachings and devotionals with others. As we have shared our teachings, many have benefited greatly and have grown in their understanding of God, the Bible, and how to live as God desires us to live. All glory to You, our Father. It is our hope and prayer that you, too, will receive these gifts.
As believers we are all called to acknowledge Christ before others…and when we do, Jesus tells us that He will acknowledge us in the presence of God.
Today, find some small way to practice Christ’s teaching and share the Gospel with others. Draw those around you to Christ like fishermen that pull fish into their boat with nets. Foreword one of your favorite Stepping Stones Devotionals to those you know will benefit.
For those new to Stepping Stones, our goal for you and some short tips on how best to use the devotionals are included below.
By HIS grace,
The Lighthouse Network Team
Our Goals for you
Become more Christ-like by developing the mind of Christ. (Transformational Tip)
Grow a close and loving relationship with God. (Prayer)
Realize the Bible is the place for truth know God and to live life abundantly, today. (The Truth)
Become a strong, bright LIGHTHOUSE that:
• Shines God’s glory to the rest of the world
• Stands on rock solid foundation to withstand the storms of your life and help others in the face of their storms.
Lighthouse’s Recommended Use of the Devotional
The first step in maximizing the potential offered by the Stepping Stones Daily Devotional is to be a believer in Jesus Christ. This means you admit your sin separates you from God and you then accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior so that you are in clear eternal relationship with God under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If you are not already a believer, it is our hope and prayer that our devotional will help bring you to a place where you will “believe and receive” the grace and love God has for you.
The second step is to make sure you are clear headed, focused, and can concentrate for a couple of minutes….and now you are ready to use the devotional.
1. Read the Transformational Tip and think how it relates to your life. Think of how you can go just one stepping stone closer, very practically, to your goal of fulfilling your God-given potential.
2. Pray, talk to God directly. This is our actual prayer and you can use it directly or as an example of how you can talk to God about the tip and how you want and need His guidance, help, and power to get to the next stepping stone on your path to Christ-likeness. Ask God to open your eyes to His truth and strength to act according to His will. Insert your personal praise and thanksgiving, as well as petitions and special requests. More importantly, praying helps build your relationship with God. Don’t do all the talking…remember to listen to God.
3. Read the Bible passage to see that the Bible does have answers for everyday life. If you have time at first reading, open the Bible and read before and after the verses and absorb as much as you can, but with particular focus on the transformational tip and its practical application to your life.
We thank you for allowing us to be part of your growth process. Please let us know how you are doing by emailing us at help@LighthouseNetwork.org
Dear Father God, I thank You for all You blessings, large and small. I pray, Lord, that You use me and all those part of the Stepping Stones community to carry out Your desires with all our resources rather than focusing on our own desires. Use me in anyway possible to further Your kingdom here on earth. I pray this in the name of the One You sent to teach us, Jesus Christ; and all God’s children say – AMEN!
“I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” At once they left their nets and followed him.